Using our network of contacts, SPIRAL reaches out to students in China who are interested in earning a U.S. high school diploma or just improving their English and cultural understanding. We match students with schools and host families in the U.S. These students pay international student tuition at public or private schools who have F-1 visa (SEVP) approval.
With our dual-diploma program, Chinese students study at an American school while living with a local host family or in a school dorm. Upon successful completion of the program, the students receive a high school diploma and transcripts from both the American high school and their school in China.
The Chinese school is provided curriculum that models that of the American partner school and integrates with the American scope and sequence. When the students come to the American partner school, instruction is delivered in English with a specially-designed curriculum that meets both Chinese and American high school academic standards and graduation requirements. By living with American host families during their time in the US, the Chinese students become familiar with American culture by participating in family life. The American school and local community benefits by gaining insights into the different cultural perspectives that the exchange students bring.
This program promotes personal growth, builds cross-cultural friendships, and broadens student understanding of other cultures. This empowers students to succeed in educational and employment settings that increasingly demand a more-international understanding of the world.
- Chinese students receive a US education taught by experienced American teachers using American high school curriculum and learning materials. SPIRAL ensures that the curriculum is aligned between the American and the Chinese schools.
- SPIRAL, based in Vermont and with an education team in Beijing, provides excellent support to students. This includes planning and processing student visa applications and travel arrangements. Our team supports student academic performance, English language improvement, and provides planned extra-curricular and enrichment. Lodging with host families is arranged by SPIRAL and monitored by our staff for the safety and the well-being of students.
- The program is guided by a team of education experts, and its curriculum implementation is supervised and monitored by an assigned program director.
- This high-quality educational experience increases cross-cultural understanding.
- We have successfully helped many dual-diploma high school students gain acceptance into U.S. universities.